Covid-19 In-Person Worship
The goal of Covenant’s session is to begin hosting in-person worship on November 8, and we are finalizing all logistics to be ready to do so.
We have exchanged the two previous metrics we were watching to one comprehensive one focused on Bexar County. It shows the “Risk Level” for the City of San Antonio and can be found here: https://covid19.sanantonio.gov/About-COVID-19/Dashboards-Data.
- “Low” or “Moderate”—We will have in-person worship available.
- “Steady”—We will evaluate and determine if it seems wiser to continue or discontinue in-person worship in the sanctuary.
- “Severe” or “Critical”—We will not have in-person worship available.
If you would like to join us in the sanctuary, below is an abbreviated list of changes to help prepare you to worship in the sanctuary during the pandemic. Masks and social distancing will be utilized at all times. More complete information is available through the FAQ.
- Masks: We are requiring everyone to wear a mask while on our campus.
- Check-in: Everyone will check in upon arrival and complete the COVID-19 screening.
- Parking will be limited to the south parking lot (next to 410)
- Entrance will be at the doors under the covered drop-off.
- Seating: Ushers will seat you as you arrive on alternating rows (filling in from the front to the back).
- Greetings: We will continue to maintain 6-feet of social distance when greeting each other.
- Singing: No congregational singing during the services.
- Liturgy: Spoken responses will be used.
- Communion: We will use individually, pre-packaged elements.
- Offering: There will be an offering plate on the communion table.
- Children: We will provide Ziploc bags with coloring pages and crayons for children and will continue to have our “Young Disciples’ Time.”
- Fellowship: We will not serve coffee or use Mission Hall until further notice.
Please stay home & worship online if:
- If you or someone in your household has had a fever, cough, feel ill, have traveled, or been asked to quarantine by a medical or government official in the last 14 days.
- If you are in a higher-risk category due to advanced age and/or pre-existing condition(s), we urge you to continue to worship with us online.
For more detailed information, click on the link below.